Industrial gases and technologies for cost efficient metals production
As a global leading industrial gas supplier, Air Products brings decades of experience in gas supply and technology to improve the operations performance of metals producers. We offer a full line of gases--including argon, carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen and gas blends--with a broad range of supply mode options and purity levels to suit the needs of your operation. We can also provide a wide variety of technical services and innovative gas-based technologies to help you lower costs and improve productivity, while minimizing the environmental impact of your production processes.
Comprehensive Range of Industrial Gases and Cost-efficient Technologies
Air Products' expertise, gases, supply modes and technologies combine to provide ferrous and non-ferrous metals producers a wide range of operational capabilities and process efficiency improvements, from primary production and refining to secondary recovery and processing, that can result in significant benefits including:
- Increased yield
- Increased productivity
- Increased fuel efficiency
- Reduced emissions
- Lower operating costs
“Anyone can supply molecules. Air Products’ after-sales technical support has been phenomenal.”
Argon, an inert gas, is commonly used in applications across metals production operations to improve quality, and increase efficiency and yield.
An inert gas for cryogenic, heat transfer, shielding, leak detection, analytical and lifting applications
Valued for its reactive and protective properties, and used by many industries such as electronics, foods, glass, chemicals, refining and more can benefit from its unique properties to improve quality, optimize performance and reduce costs.
Nitrogen is routinely used in applications across foundries, integrated and mini mills, specialty/stainless, and non-ferrous metals production operations.
Oxygen can improve combustion through increased heat transfer, higher flame temperatures, and reduced volume of fuel gases in metals production operations.
Optimize your metals production processes...
Let our experienced applications engineers help bring the right mix of gas and technology to your operation.
- Customized Combustion Solution Yields Productivity Improvement for Aluminum Extruder
- Effective Use of Oxy-fuel Combustion in Aluminum Reverberatory Furnaces, Light Metal Age
- Combustion Technologies Improve Melting Furnace Productivity, Industrial Heating
- Transient Heating oxy-fuel burner, featuring Process Intelligence
- Enhanced Direct Reduced Iron (DRI) for Use in Electric Steelmaking
- Novel Method for Stirring BOF Melts in Conjunction with Slag Splashing
- Cupola Oxy-fuel System Reduces Emissions While Cutting Fuel and Alloy Costs
- Digital Twin Methodology Improves Performance and Yield in an Aluminum Tilt Rotary Furnace
- Harnessing Industry 4.0 to Optimize Performance in the Aluminum Industry
- Can hydrogen and the latest burners reduce carbon emissions?