Expert solutions to help you succeed
Helium’s thermal conductivity rank among the highest of all industrial gases, making it a superior heat transfer medium for many applications. In addition, Helium’s chemical and nuclear stability enables its use in certain extreme applications. For these reasons, helium is often selected as an inert gas for applications requiring rapid and efficient heating or cooling in applications such as the following:
- Quenching in vacuum furnaces for the heat treatment of metal parts
- Purging fuel lines and tanks containing ultra-cold liquid fuel during rocket launch and flight
- In the production of optical fibers, helium removes impurities in the glass and enables rapid cooling of the drawn fibers
- Heat removal in plasma etching processing of electronics and flat panel displays
- Improves heat transfer from fuel pellets in nuclear reactors
- Working fluid in cryocoolers, including pulse tube technology used for critical military applications
- Cools the wafer chuck in ion implant processes
Helium for heat transfer applications may be supplied in cylinders, high pressure tube trailers, or as a cryogenic liquified gas
A Rapid Gas Quenching Gas Mixture
Compressed argon gas and liquid argon in a variety of purities and in various modes of supply around the world thanks to our network of storage and transfill facilities.
Delivered by truck and stored on your site either as a liquid in cryogenic tanks or as a gas in high-pressure tubes based on your volume, desired pressure, purity level, flow rate, and operating pattern.
Useful as a gas, for its inert properties, and as a liquid for cooling and freezing. Virtually any industry can benefit from its unique properties to improve yields, optimize performance and make operations safer.
Need a reliable helium supply?
Industrial Gas Leak Detection and Repair Services
TELALERT® telemetry system
TELALERT® telemetry remote monitoring system provides timely and accurate inventory data to our logistics center to help forecast deliveries.
Questions? We've got answers.
Experienced applications teams across the globe can provide reliable gas or liquid supply and technology solutions to meet your unique heat transfer needs.